The materials used in the manufacture of the yoga mat will determine its adherence, its comfort, its respect for the environment but also for your body. Dwelling on the choice is essential for a pleasant yoga experience. Some materials will be very soft to the touch, giving a "cocooning" effect to your practice. Others will be very snug and will allow you to perform all positions, including the most dangerous ones, with confidence and without the risk of slipping. Some materials are naturally antibacterial for a healthy and hygienic practice. And for the utmost respect for the Planet, today there are several eco-responsible materials that allow you to practice with commitment.
- The most pleasant to the touch materials: microfiber, cork, organic cotton
- The most non-slip materials: natural rubber, PU, cork, microfiber
- The most ecological materials: cork, natural rubber, organic cotton, jute (even if a little rough and not very pleasant to touch)
- The most hygienic materials: natural rubber, cork (naturally antibacterial), organic cotton (for its ease of maintenance)
- Depending on the type of practice, but also on your personal needs, you will choose one model of mat rather than another.
Try our natural cork yoga mat and cork yoga accessories, Say Yes to Life, Earth Thanks!