Food preservation is key to reducing waste and saving money. Storing food in an organic environment can extend its shelf life.
- Choose a dark, cool and dry area for storing food to avoid spoilage.
- Avoid storing food near appliances that produce heat or moisture.
- Use airtight containers to keep food fresh and prevent cross-contamination.
- Mason jars, glass containers, and beeswax wraps are eco-friendly options for food storage.
- Refrigerate or freeze perishable food to extend their shelf life.
- Rotate your food inventory by using the FIFO (first in, first out) method.
- Label your food containers with the date and contents to keep track of freshness.
By following these tips, you can reduce food waste and save money while also creating an organic environment in your kitchen.